The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 一次都不用跑 杭州个人住房信息可网上查询
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 长三角签署十大合作协议加速推进一体化 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 家居业卖场扩张难消化 成本上涨谁来承担？ and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 家具业占领市场 必须抓住年轻消费者的“心”: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 雷士照明陷内斗后遗症 复牌后遭投资者冷遇 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
‘Episodes’ This comedy on Showtime, too often overlooked, follows the bewilderment of two British TV writers stuck in Hollywood creating a series for Matt LeBlanc, who plays a diva version of himself very convincingly. Not many shows set in the entertainment industry can sustain the conceit, but this is one that got even better in its third year.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 欧普携手阿里云发展智能照明 家里用手机可开关灯
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 节水洁具标准实施 北京补贴更换高效节水洁具
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- “Today you have to shop by image,” Mr. Nathan said. “But if you are brave and don’t follow fashion, there are opportunities.”
- 马光远：要有耐心 让时间慢慢消化房地产泡沫
- 对爱、丧失与人生意义的沉思。喜欢狗的人与卢·里德(Lou Reed)的歌迷会特别容易受感动（我向双方都承认错误），但是任何有心人都会为安德森女士轻盈的智慧与极为庄重的风趣所打动。
- 福建今年坚持房地产分类调控 发展住房租赁市场
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Effective bosses must be effective decision makers. He or she cannot vacillate over every tiny decision. Being able to make decisions quickly and decisively — and then take responsibility for the outcome (see number 2) — is an important business skill, especially when managing others。